Regarding the handling of
personal information in this Company
Nippon Carbide Industries Co., Inc. (hereafter “the Company”) recognizes that it is important to provide proper protection of information that can identify the Company’s stakeholders including but not limited to customers, business partners and employees (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Data Subject” or “you”), including names, addresses, and telephone numbers (hereafter referred to as “personal information”).In order for the Company to always be aware of its social responsibilities and observe laws and regulations regarding protection of privacy and personal information as it conducts its business activities, it hereby establishes the Basic Guidelines as follows.
- Prior to acquisition by the Company of personal information, it shall specify the purposes for which that information can be used as precisely as possible, and adopt lawful and fair means to obtain the information.
- The Company shall limit the use of personal information it obtains to be within the range of the above purposes for which personal information can be used and within the range of business activities that require that information. If the need arises for use of personal information beyond these ranges, the consent of the individual in question (the person who is the subject of the information) shall be obtained, except where a law or ordinance specifies that such consent is not necessary for that use.
- The Company shall appoint a Personal Information Protection Manager to handle personal information. This Manager shall carry out appropriate management to prevent improper access to personal information and prevent loss, altering, leakage, etc. of personal information.
- The Company shall not provide personal information to a third party, except when the consent of the subject of that information has been obtained or when such provision is permitted by law or ordinance. Further, if personal information is to be provided to a third party, the third party shall be compelled by a contract etc. to manage that personal information, taking measures to prevent the information from being leaked or provided to another party.
- If the person who is the subject of personal information held by the Company wishes to view that information, to make corrections or additions to that information, or make deletions from that information, those wishes shall be promptly complied with to the extent that is reasonably practicable.
- The Company shall observe all laws, ordinances, regulations, etc. regarding protection of personal information, and shall continually review and strive to improve measures taken in accordance with the above guidelines.
- The Company shall thoroughly instruct all its officers and employees (including temporary and part time employees and those dispatched from personnel agencies) about the above guidelines, in this way making each one of them aware of the importance of the guidelines and creating a corporate culture conducive to the execution of these guidelines.
In principle, the only possible purposes of the collection of personal information in the case where persons kindly provide this information are to enable the preparation and improvement of the products, services, and information relating thereto of Nippon Carbide Industries Co., Inc., and to reply to inquiries. (However, if one purpose of use is clearly specified for certain information, that information shall be used for that purpose.) If personal information is to be used for other purposes, this intended purpose shall be announced to individuals before they disclose this information.
About access logs – Our website keeps records of the persons who access the website, in the form of an access log. In the access log, IP addresses, types of web browsers and OSes, and access dates are recorded. This information is statistically analyzed to aid in website security management and to grasp how the website is used.
About Cookies – Our website is using cookies. A cookie is a small packet of information sent from our website to your computer that functions as a tool capable of efficiently providing you with relevant content when you access our website again. The cookie is stored on a hard disk of your computer. By changing browser settings of your computer, you can refuse to receive a cookie or make your web browser display a warning message when receiving a cookie.
About protection of personal information at linked websites − Our website may have links to websites outside the Company. This Company bears no responsibility whatsoever regarding the protection of personal information or the contents at those websites outside the Company.
Where to make inquiries – If you wish to confirm personal information about yourself, please inquire here. The Company will reveal the personal information that it has stored about you when you make the inquiry only if your can confirm your identity with some type of personal identification certificate, in order to prevent leakage of personal information to a third party. We may however still refuse to reveal personal information if such disclosure would violate some party’s rights or interests, or interfere greatly with the Company’s business activities. If you point out to us a mistake in information you have provided or apply to change some of that information, we will make the necessary investigation and then revise or delete inaccurate or outdated information. We can only accept applications for revision or deletion from a person that we can confirm to be the subject of the personal information, who provided the original information.